The Brooks Memorial Library is located on the intersection of Routes 5 and 30 on Main street next to the Municipal Center.
View Larger Map
From I-91 north or south:
- Take Exit 2.
- Turn left onto Route 9/Western Avenue.
- After approximately 1½ miles, the road splits (There is a service station at the split). Bear left, which is High Street.
- Follow High Street to a 4-way flashing stop; continue straight through that intersection until you reach Main Street. Turn left onto Main Street.
- The Library is two blocks up on the left, just before the Wells Fountain and District Court building. There is metered parking on the street.
From Route 9 east from New Hampshire:
- Take I-91 southbound and get off at Exit 2. Follow the directions above.
From Route 9 west from southern Vermont:
- Follow Route 9 east to I-91 interchange; at that point Route 9 is also Western Avenue. Follow the directions above.
From Route 30:
- Follow the signs to the downtown shopping district. The Library is on your right as you approach downtown, just beyond the large brick Municipal Center building on the right and the Wells Fountain on the left.
There are meters near the Library on both sides of Main Street. If all the spaces are taken, or if you need to park for more than two hours, try one of the nearby parking lots.
A few parking tips:
Most of the Municipal Lot is restricted to town employees and citizens transacting business in the tax office, but there are a few meters just north of the Municipal Center next to the Library.
If you’re planning to spend many hours in Brattleboro or if you are visiting sites on the other end of Main Street, the Transportation Center Parking Garage has long-term, relatively inexpensive parking.
All parking is free in the evenings and on Sundays and holidays.