The Brooks Memorial Library is located on the intersection of Routes 5 and 30 on Main street next to the Municipal Center.
View Larger Map
From I-91 north or south:
- Take Exit 2.
- Turn left onto Route 9/Western Avenue.
- After approximately 1½ miles, bear left at the fork, which is High Street.
- Follow High Street to a 4-way flashing stop; continue straight through that intersection until you reach Main Street (or take a left turn a little before Main if you would like to park in the High-Grove parking lot. Here's more about parking downtown).
- If you continue to Main Street, turn left. The Library is two blocks up on the left, just before the Wells Fountain and District Court building. There is metered parking on the street, or follow the links on this page for other parking options.
From Route 9 east from New Hampshire:
- Take I-91 southbound and get off at Exit 2. Follow the directions above.
From Route 9 west from southern Vermont:
- Follow Route 9 east to I-91 interchange; at that point Route 9 is also Western Avenue. Follow the directions above.
From Route 30:
- Follow the signs to the downtown shopping district. The Library is on your right as you approach downtown, just beyond the large brick Municipal Center building on the right and the Wells Fountain on the left.
There are meters near the Library on both sides of Main Street. If all the spaces are taken, or if you need to park for more than two hours, try one of the nearby parking lots.
A few parking tips:
Most of the Municipal Lot is restricted to town employees and citizens transacting business in the tax office, but there are a few free spots right behind the library that can be used for several hours.
If you’re planning to spend many hours in Brattleboro or if you are visiting sites on the other end of Main Street, the Transportation Center Parking Garage has long-term, relatively inexpensive parking.
There is a parking spot for patrons with disabilities in the Municipal Lot right near the Library's back door. Patrons with disabilities may also park in the metered spaces in front of the Library. There is no charge as long as you are displaying a current, valid parking tag.
All parking is free in the evenings and on Sundays and holidays.