The library wants to help make tax filing as painless as possible! Our Tax Forms & Tax Prep flyer gives an overview of filing options, or check out the links below. Need more assistance? We're happy to help at the Reference Desk.
Prepare and file your state and federal taxes online. Both are free to qualifying households. If you don't qualify for free filing, you can still use the services; you'll simply be charged a filing fee.
Prefer paper filing?
- Vermont Dept. of Taxes phone to request forms to be mailed to you: 802-828-2515 or 855-297-5600
- IRS phone number to request tax forms to be mailed to you: 800-829-3676
In-person tax preparation help
- Brattleboro IRS office, 1222 Putney Rd., Brattleboro, VT 05301, (802) 257-4825
- AARP tax prep assistance. at VFW: 490-8745, at Senior Center: 257-7570, at Community Bible Church: 257-1594
- VITA tax prep assistance from United Way. For appointments: dial 2-1-1
= Library Card Required
= Free Website
= Free by Publisher Donation
= In-Library Use Only
= In-Library by Publisher Donation
= Sponsored by the Friends of Brooks Memorial Library