- VITA tax prep assistance from United Way (for appointments, dial 2-1-1)
- AARP tax prep assistance (call for appointment):
- at VFW, Black Mountain Rd. (802) 451-8774
- at Senior Center, 207 Main St. (802) 257-7570
- at Community Bible Church, 107 Atwood St. (802) 246-7773
- Brattleboro IRS office, 1222 Putney Rd., Brattleboro, VT 05301 (802) 257-4825
If you don't qualify for free filing, you can still use the services above; you'll simply be charged a filing fee.
Need a computer and wifi? The library offers free access to laptops and desktops, and assistance navigating websites. For more information, please inquire at Reference: (802) 254-5290 ext. 1220.
IRS (Federal) 1040 form booklets are available free at the library. The IRS reports: “For Tax Year 2018, you will no longer use Form 1040A or Form 1040EZ, but instead will use the redesigned Form 1040. Many people will only need to file Form 1040 and no schedules.” However, the library can print out paper copies of 1040 schedules and other specialized IRS forms for a cost of $.15 per printed side, or see below for information on ordering or printing copies on your own.
Vermont does not distribute free paper forms through libraries, but the library can print out Vermont forms for a cost of $.15 per printed side, or see below for information on ordering or printing copies on your own.
If you would like to request forms through the mail:
- Vermont Dept. of Taxes main directory: (802) 828-2505
- IRS line to request tax forms by mail: 800-829-3676
If you would like to print your own:
= Library Card Required
= Free Website
= Free by Publisher Donation
= In-Library Use Only
= In-Library by Publisher Donation
= Sponsored by the Friends of Brooks Memorial Library